Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ponderings On The Beginning

I've considered creating a blog for quite sometime now. The reason I haven't -- I couldn't come up with a blog name that I liked. Silly I know, but the truth. So today as I was thinking, it came to me -- model of redemption. There's a phrase that I think of often. "I'm not a model of perfection, but a model of redemption." I would love to be perfect, and do everything as I ought to do. But I don't. I mess up often, and that phrase reminds me that it's okay that I'm not perfect. I'm not supposed to be.

What's more is that God knows I'm going to mess up, and the amazing part of that is -- He still cherishes me. When I mess up, He sets my feet back in the right direction. When my heart is broken, He binds my wounds. I am a model of redemption, because of His love and grace.

So, that's the story behind my blog name. As I write, that will be a recurring theme. Let this online blog-o-rama begin!

6 comments:

Tom said...

Welcome aboard!

Burly said...

Don't get stuck in a legalistic rut of beginning each post with "Ponderings on ..." there are some people ... [ahem] ... who have gotten mightily stuck in that rut with a different phrase ... that person needs deliverance.

Happy said...

You'd better post something else quick, too, before the aforementioned person in need of deliverance starts bloggically mocking you for your lack of blog etiquette. Either that, or wait like a year, and write something amazing. :)

Notablogger said...

Hello Kathi. I hope to see more of your posts and not just the one post about posting because that isn't really even a true post.

Notablogger said...

It's been the beginning for awhile. AHEM...

Happy said...

i was kidding when i said you should wait a year... :)